Today, September 11th, 2019, The Customs Tariff Commission of the State Council of PRC released an official announcement on tariff exemptions for certain US products. These items include food for livestock, cancer drugs, lubricants, and linear accelerators for medical use.
The announcement comes as high-level trade officials from China and the US prepare to meet in Washington next month for what will hopefully be, successful trade discussions. It will mark the latest attempt from both countries to attempt a resolution to the trade conflict that has been in place since 2018.
The exclusion list will be effective on September 17, 2019, and will be valid for one year, until September 16, 2020.
Importers can apply for refunds on any additional tariffs paid on goods in list 1 backdated to July 2018.
Any additional tariffs paid on goods in list 2 (4 items) cannot be refunded.
Here are the two lists in full (please note this is only for reference and not an official translation):
- 0306310 - Other shrimp and prawn seedlings
- 12141000 - Aster meal and pellets
- 12149000 - Other purpura (except coarse powder and pellets)
- 23012010 - Fish meal for feed
- 27101991 - Lubricating oil
- 27101992 - Grease
- 29349990 - Ring line, insecticidal ring, nail, polythiane, etc.
- 29349990 - Decitabine, fluorouridine, cyclophosphamide, gefitinib, capecitabine, raltitrexed, fludarabine phosphate, fluoride, cytarabine hydrochloride, gemcitabine hydrochloride, ectinib hydrochloride, ifosfamide
- 34021300 - Nonionic organic surfactant
- 34031900 - Mineral oil <70% lubricant
- 34039900 - Lubricants containing no petroleum or oils from bituminous minerals
- 90221400 - Medical linear accelerator
- 04041000 - Whey for feed (2%-7% by weight protein, 76%-88% lactose)
- 27101299 - Release agent (oil by weight and oil extracted from bitumen >70%)
- 27101919 - Isoparaffin solvent (early boiling point 225 ° C, flash point 92 ° C, density 0.79 g / cm3, viscosity 3.57mm2/s)
- 27101993 - Lubricating base oil (product viscosity at 100 degrees Celcius)