Regulatory & Security Compliance
BDP recognizes regulatory compliance as one of the key services in our Centers of Excellence. Experts are located in each region and are knowledgeable about local Regulatory Compliance procedures, and they contribute to our Centers of Excellence methodology.
BDP draws upon decades of global experience and expertise to help our clients manage the complexities of international trade and global Compliance. With our assistance, all clients can seamlessly cross borders.
BDP strives to be welcomed and respected by all Government agencies. BDP is often asked to participate in Customs pilot programs and to give input and feedback on program changes.
As a partner to our customers, BDP is committed to providing the appropriate business support to achieve and maintain supply chain excellence. Our Regulatory Compliance Team works in collaboration with our customer’s appropriate stakeholders to stay ahead of the rapidly changing laws and regulations, while helping them apply the necessary process and systems changes to stay compliant. The following support services and initiatives sponsored by the BDP Compliance Team are available to our customers for consideration:
- Cargo Security methods for all modes that meet C-TPAT and all AEO programs;
- Full-time Hazardous Materials / Safety unit;
- Reasonable Care guidelines for importing and exporting goods globally;
- Documentation requirements for importing and exporting cargo properly;
- Denied parties screening (all Government agencies);
- Export licensing, embargoes, transshipment advice;
- Management of meeting export data requirements by country (includes Electronic Export Filings (EEI));
- Hazardous Material documentation and procedures;
- Advanced electronic data filings for all modes, to all destinations;
- BDP Compliance Education Services (seminars, webinars or tailored trainings);
- Trade & Compliance Best Practices for Freight Forwarders and Custom House Brokers (Internal Controls);
- Facilitate customers’ requests on all matters that involve working with the Government through BDP’s liaisons with Government agencies;
- Support in the assessment and development of Risk Management strategies;
- Manage BDP’s Export and Import Management systems (EMS & IMS);
- Manage BDP’s Cargo Logistics and Transportation security programs for all modes
Major Leading Chemical Company
Managed Trade Services pre-audits put global manufacturer of plastics in control
One of the world’s largest producers of raw materials and finished products in the plastics industry was looking for a resource to unify and consolidate as many transportation services as possible under one provider for operational synergies and to streamline communications.
Quinn Chemicals, located in Ireland, is completing a large plant in Germany for the production of MMA, a base for Plexiglas production. The chemical plant is being built in Leuna near the Czech border in what was East Germany.
The power of 2
WTS of Lewiston, New York, USA, is the largest non-asset based provider of byproduct management services to refineries and complex chemical sites. The company was looking for a transportation and logistics resource to assist them in moving shipments of chemicals on behalf of one of their US-based chemical clients to China—an experienced resource who could guide them through every aspect of international shipping for their client’s by-products.
Royal DSM N.V. is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials and is headquartered in the Netherlands. DSM has eight business groups with locations around the globe which had their own processes for sea freight operations. To meet the company’s primary goal of providing the best service and solutions for their customers globally, DSM was committed to further improve the organization of its transportation around the world.
Cerexagri is a member of the United Phosphorus Limited group of companies. The company is a global producer of crop protection products, intermediates, specialty chemicals, and other industrial chemicals. Cerexagri’s production location in Rotterdam had to make two important decisions: Rehire to replace staff due to retirements or outsource? How to improve lead times and accuracy of the company’s bills of lading (B/L) process?